Sunday, December 5, 2010

FOTD: Out and About on a Sunday Morning

Hello loves!

I just wanted to make a quick FOTD (Face of the Day) blog post before I head on out.
I think I've gotten addicted to blogging again... or at least reading blogs and stuff. :)

Anyways, here are some pics of my face today. That sounds kind of funny for some reason!
It makes me happy that most of my acne has cleared, but my skin looks really clean thanks to my camera's beauty mode function.  I still have a few blemishes here and there.



Makeup on my face:

Foundation: Revlon Photoready Makeup in 003 Shell
Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW20
MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium
E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder



Having monolid (single eyelid) eyes, I feel like I have a lot lid space (which I am actually happy about).  As you can see from my pictures, I have so much room from my eyes to my eyebrows.  I find this feature about myself actually fun because I have lots of space to play around with eyeshadow and different looks.  When I want to be dramatic, I can put a dark eyeshadow a little higher than usual and blend it out.  For a more natural look, I try not to pull the color too high, but high enough so that it can make my eyes appear larger.
If you have monolid eyes, be proud of them! LOL.  For a long time, I didn't know how to work with monolid eyes and I struggled with figuring out the best looks.  For a monolid girl, I have fairly large eyes, but I still struggle with the "small eyes" feature and sometimes it's hard for me to replicate a certain look.  Just remember that practice makes perfect and it's all about trial and error.

Eye makeup today:

Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Darkhorse, Half Baked, Smog, and Creep
Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Whiskey
MAC Eyeshadow in Blanc Type (for highlight)
Stila Smudge Pot in Black to line my eyes
Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in 0L to line my bottom lashline
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara in Very Black

I think I'm going through an Urban Decay obsession at the moment!!!

I'm hoping to make more tutorials (video and pic-tuts) in a couple weeks after finals and stuff. I can't wait to go on break and visit my family and see some snow!  My younger sister texted me a picture of the first snow they had a few days ago.  She knows how much I love snow... 

I may or may not blog later today! We'll see what happens. 

Love,
Mindy

12 comments:

  1. Lookin' mighty adorable in that hat! Some people look like they're trying too hard in hats, but I think you pull it off well.

    I am "awarding"? you the "One Lovely Blog" award. I'm not sure if you've already received it or not... but if not I want you to have it! It's in the bottom of my most recent post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Nonners! Thank you! I love hats. LOL.. but I'm not sure how well I pull it off! xD

    and thank you for the blog award! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mindy TB flats can be a bit tight at first, but once you wear them for a while they mold to your feet and become quite comfy

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute hat!!!
    xx
    vnikali
    vnikali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol u really know your balenciaga! it's a giant city covered arena in black :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's a picture of when I got it :)

    http://stephanie-nguyen.blogspot.com/2010/04/balenciaga-gift-from-my-bf.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet hat and great make-up, you're gorgeous!

    Maryjane xoxo

    ReplyDelete