Saturday, April 17, 2010

Current Favorite Drugstore Makeup (Face, Eyes, and Lips)

Okay. Warning: This is going to be a really long post! LOL.
I decided not to make the videos too long since many people don't like to watch things with too much talking. So for all the details of each products, I decided to write them down in my blog entry here because I think it will be helpful. If I still haven't answered your questions here, let me know! I would gladly help you. :)

So first with my favorite face makeup products from the drugstore!
Concealers:
Almay Clear Complexion Concealer-
This concealer is amazing! Definitely one of my favorite concealers from the drugstore that I use almost everyday. This concealer is great for acne, blemishes, scars, etc. It contains 1.0% salicylic acid so the medication is great to heal acne. I actually have seen great results using this concealer in my experience. It has great coverage and blends well into the skin. It comes in three different shades so that's the downfall (not a variety of colors). Otherwise perfect!

Revlon Colorstay Blemish Concealer-
This concealer is a little thicker in consistency than the Almay Clear Complexion Concealer.  It contains 0.5% salicylic acid so there is a little bit of medication, but I honestly haven't seen a big difference with healing of acne, but the coverage is amazing with this and is super blendable! Great alternative to the Almay concealer.

Foundations:

Choosing foundations from the drugstore can be difficult because it's hard to find the one that will match your skin tone.  I recommend that you do some research before buying drugstore foundations to avoid getting the foundation that doesn't match your skin.  :) Some drugstores accept exchanges and refunds as well.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation-
This is the ever-so-popular foundation that has become a favorite for many people. This foundation has great coverage and applies evenly on the skin. The one part I don't like about it is that there is no pump on the top so the liquid pours out really fast and is hard to pour out the amount that you want to use. Also, it's not very hygienic. This foundation doesn't leave my skin oily and lasts a long time.

Revlon Photoready Foundation-
There have been mixed reviews with this foundation. First of all, I really have to say that the pump at the top of this foundation is really great! It's so easy to work with and I can actually control the amount of foundation I want to use without wasting the product. I actually prefer this foundation over the Colorstay one. The foundation really applies well and I find that there are no hints of shimmer in it when applied on my face, which some people have complained about. Just like the Colorstay foundation, the coverage is really nice and doesn't make my skin feel oily or breakout. If I had to choose between Photoready or Colorstay, I would reach for Photoready.

Revlon Colorstay Mineral Foundation-
Have you noticed that I'm in love with the Revlon Colorstay products? xD I am in love with this mineral foundation. It supposedly has 16 hours wear power and I would have to agree with that.  It comes with a brush in the twist cap, but I would avoid using it since it's too harsh for my skin. I prefer using a mineral foundation buffer brush. The coverage is great and feels really nice for the skin. I recommend this for hot and humid days to avoid getting dripping liquid foundation. Just be careful when applying this foundation since it could look cakey.

Blushes:
Maybelline Powder Blush in Berry Sorbet-
This blush is such a pretty pink color. It looks dark, but it is actually pretty light and sheer when applied on the face. It really gives a nice healthy glow look. I don't really like the brush that comes with this. There are many other nice shades in the Maybelline blush line.

Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in 20 Peach Satin-
This cream/mousse blush is amazing! It really blends nicely into the skin and doesn't feel heavy. I would be careful not to apply too much though because it is very pigmented and can make your cheeks look overwhelmingly pink. This color isn't really peach though. It's like a coral pink color. I love the soft consistency of the blush. Great products!

Bronzers:
NYC Bronzer in Sunny-
This bronzer was featured in my March 2010 Favorites video, but it's so awesome that it made it here as well. First of all, the price is amazing. The prices vary of course but it is under $5 which is a great bonus! The color may look a little yellowish at first, but it is nice and blendable. I like how it looks on my skin and just really helps give that perfect contoured look. This bronzer was sent to be from Holly, who is known as Hollyannaeree on youtube! She is a fabulous guru and I was one of her giveaway winners! She sent this to me along with the Maybelline blush in berry sorbet! Check out her channel: hollyannaeree

Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Bronze-
This bronzer is also a really great bronzer that is nice and inexpensive! The color is a little darker than NYC Sunny, but the shades are pretty similar.  This bronzer is scented and smells like smoke. I would say that it is also nice and pigmented and blends nicely into the skin.

Next with my favorite eye products from the drugstore!
Eye Liners:
Milani Liquif'Eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil-
This eye liner pencil is pretty dupable to my ultimate favorite Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes eyeliner pencils. These Milani pencils are really creamy and it really feels like I am applying liquid eyeliner in a pencil form. I don't think it's waterproof, but it sure does seem like it. It really works well on my waterline and it's even hard to remove with eye makeup cleanser. The one thing is that they are super creamy so I use the product up really fast. No worries though because the price is really cheap so I can easily just by more without any difficulty!

Loreal Linear Intense in Carbon Black-
What's cool about this liquid eye liner is that it has a felt tip applicator which is super awesome! It's great for getting that extra precise look and detail. I just love how it dries fast as well. Great product overall.

Eyeshadows:
Maybelline Eyeshadow Quad in Natural Smokes-
Maybelline eyeshadows are hands down my favorite drugstore brand eyeshadows. They always seem to blow me away in the pigmentation and quality. This quad has become almost my daily quad that I reach for everyday. It comes with 2 matte shadows on the bottom and the ones on the top are pearly. The upper left corner shadow is dupable to MAC's satin taupe. The shade on the bottom left corner is a great highlight color. I love this quad and am pretty set with these nice 4 colors.

Cream Shadows:
Revlon Creme Shadow Illuminence in Precious Metals and Wild Orchids-
I love each of the shades of colors that these quads come with. The first quad I bought was the one in Wild Orchids and the pinks and purples were so pretty. The Precious Metals quad has nice metallic colors like gold and silver. I would recommend using a base or primer before applying these cream shadows. They will look great with any eyeshadows!

Mascara-
I have a lot of different drugstore mascaras since they all have their pros and cons.
Covergirl LashBlast Volume Mascara in Black
I love this mascara because it's great for volumizing the lashes! However, the brush is pretty fat and thick so I only use this for my upper lashes. This is a favorite for many people.

Favorite lip products from the drugstore!
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude-
Such a pretty nude shade! This lipstick is great for getting that perfect nude color! I love the color. This lipstick isn't very drying, but I would recommend wearing a lip balm underneath or applying a gloss over it. The price isn't very cheap at almost $10, but it's a great buy!

Softlips Lipbalm-
This lipbalm has spf 20 and comes in a few flavors. The one I own is cherry, but I honestly don't taste the flavor when I apply it. I like how it's small so the application of the balm is precise over the lips. The balm also has a slight minty flavor and is really moisturizing.

Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm-
This balm is super cooling and very minty! I love that feeling on the lips. Some people don't like it because it's really strong, but I just love it and my lips always feels refreshed when I apply this balm.

Okay. Finally this blog post is over. Drugstore shopping can be fun because you never know what you may come across or what kinds of deals and special sales the drugstores will have. Take advantage of the buy-one-get-one-free deals that they have often! Happy drugstore shopping!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. this helps alot, i need good cheap makeup
    so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. @missprettynpurple I'm glad that this was helpful for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete