Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mindy's 2010 Beauty Favorites and 2011 Updates/Plan


Happy New Year everyone!

I seriously cannot believe how fast the time went by.  When I look back at the past year, I feel like so much happened, yet it's all in the past and I'm glad that 2011 is a way to make a fresh new start.
When I look back at my blogging (on this blog) and my YouTube channel, I must say that there have been so many positive and supportive people who genuinely have kept encouraging me.  I want to name all of those people and thank them individually, but the list would be too long.  Thank you to all the new friends and kind people I've met through YouTube and blogging, who have really taken their time to reach out to me! I love you all!

For 2011..... (It feels strange typing that number!)
I'm determined to be more active on my blog and my YouTube channel. My family and friends are so supportive of this and I feel like it's a great way for me to sometimes take my mind off of the crazy things going on in my life. As a cellist and an avid performer, but a student at the same time, I find myself sometimes getting lost in my busy schedule. For this new year, I'm going to devote some more of my time here and my YouTube channel.

Speaking of which, I have decided to start a new YouTube channel and won't be updating my older channel. Further information about this will be posted in the next few days along with a HUGE giveaway for my 1-year on YouTube and this blog. :) I'm really excited to share this with you all. If you want to go on ahead and subscribe to my new channel now, that would be awesome! LOL.

I decided to compile my beauty favorites of 2010 into this blog post. (I'm going to try to find the links to where you can purchase these products if you're interested... Only if I can find them though ^o^ ) Click on the pictures as well.

Favorite Shampoo and Conditioner
Herbal Essences Hydralicious Featherweight Self Targeting Root to Tip Hair 
Shampoo and Conditioner
This affordable combo did wonders for my hair. I was surprised by the great results that left my hair soft and hydrated. Prior to using this, I've suffered from dry, coarse, and damaged hair. It smells nice too!

You can purchase it on Amazon.com or at your local drugstore:

  

Favorite Hair Styling Product

Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty
This is another affordable discovery this year. Having permed my hair, I needed something that would help keep the curls stay in place throughout the day and this product was my favorite for doing that job. It's extremely sticky though!

You can purchase this on Amazon.com or at your local drugstore:



Favorite Face Cleanser and Face Oil:

Laneige Multi-Cleanser and Laneige Moisturizing Cleansing Oil
I've recently been addicting with cleansing oils because they take off ALL the makeup on my face. I think it's really important to take off every bit of makeup on the face before going to bed at night.  The Laneige cleanser and cleaning oil combo definitely does the job well and smells nice!


You can purchase this on Amazon.com (wow seriously Amazon has almost everything!):


  


Favorite Face Lotion/Moisturizer

Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion, SPF 15, Dry Skin
I've tried several facial lotions/moisturizers and this has been an old favorite. First thing's first... it doesn't break me out! It's extremely light and doesn't make my skin oily.

Favorite Eyeshadow Primer

Urban Decay Primer Potion
The infamous Urban Decay Primer Potion would be my eye primer of choice. I bought the Urban Decay Primer Potion in the professional size that comes in the limited edition tube, which came out this past year (2010).  Eyeshadow colors look really vibrant and last a long time with this primer. LOVE LOVE LOVE!


Favorite Eyeshadows


Urban Decay Naked Palette
This palette received so much hype this year, but I have to say that I see why it did receive so much love from people this past year. This palette is filled with so many lovely neutral shades and the color payoff is fantastic. I'm always impressed with Urban Decay eyeshadows and these shadows are worth the price!
Buy It Here


Favorite Pencil Eyeliners

Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes Liner in 0L (Black)
Although they are pricey at $17 each from Sephora or on Amazon, I find that these pencils don't smudge at all and they stick like they should all day. They're definitely worth the bucks in my opinion and if I could own all of them, I would... but I can't. I wish though! :D


This link is to purchase it from Sephora through Amazon:


or Buy It Here from Sephora


NYC Classic Brow & Liner Pencils


I know this category is for eyeliners, but I had to include this here because I love this pencil for my brows! I use the color "Sable" and it has this waxy consistency that makes my brows look well-defined and nice. I own a bunch of these pencils and different colors and I would have to say that they work fairly well as eyeliner pencils. The price is amazing as well at local drugstores ranging from ($0.93 - $0.99)


Favorite Gel Liner
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
Yes, the ever-so-popular MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack was my all time favorite gel liner in 2010. There was nothing to "not" like about it (if that makes sense!). This gel liner is not the cheapest at $15 from MAC, but it's cheaper than some other alternatives out there and this gel liner has great staying power. The color is not a jet-black, but I don't mind. It's worth it!


Buy It Here


Favorite Mascara

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara
I love this mascara because it really makes my short and tiny lashes appear long! The super skinny mascara comb is easy to work with getting down to the bottom of the lash to the top. I love it! I also own the Maybelline Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Mascara, but I don't love that one so much. 


Check out your local drugstore or buy it from here:



Favorite Blush


MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed
This light pink blush looks really sheer and light in the packaging, but I have to say that it gives the best and healthy glow to the cheeks! It's very pigmented and I find that it's my HG blush. Most of the time, I don't reach for any other blushes because this one has made home in my heart. It's not cheap though >.< $18.50


Buy It Here


Favorite Eye Makeup Remover


Sephora Collection FACE Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
One of my goals in 2010 was to find an eye makeup remover that would remove EVERYTHING off my eyes. This meant taking off the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes liners (which was really tough), waterproof mascara, etc. I tried several drugstore eye makeup removers and none of them worked. Sadly, I decided to pitch in the extra money to try high-end ones. I tried Clinique's eye makeup removers, and sadly didn't work. I guess my problem was that I didn't want oily eye makeup removers. I tried the Lancome eye makeup remover and it worked well, but cost too much! Then one day, I walked into a Sephora, which wasn't my local one, and a very kind Sephora SA said this was the eye makeup remover she swore by. The price seemed reasonable (under $10) and she was insisting that I give it a try, I bought it and fell in love with it ever since.


Buy It Here


Favorite Foundation

Laneige Snow Crystal Dual Foundation
This foundation is light/medium coverage and feels so light on the skin. I love the scent and it really gives that natural look. I also love the packaging. I'm not too crazy about the concealer on the top though. Oh and one more thing... it doesn't break me out! :) It's not so cheap though being $40+ but a little goes a long way!


Buy It Here


Favorite Face Powder


MAC Blot Powder Pressed
You may have read my review about this powder. It's definitely become my HG powder this year and I will continue to purchase this if something else doesn't amaze me as much as this powder did. LOL. If you haven't read my review on this and my comparison of this powder with MAC MSF Natural, then check it out HERE.
I find the cost to be somewhat reasonable at $22, but I guess it depends on how often you'll use this. I like to use it to set my foundation or BB cream.


Buy It Here


oh and I couldn't forget my favorite drugstore face powder:


Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
This powder is also excellent for setting foundation and getting rid of oil on the face. I love this powder so much, I have 2 backups. I'm most in love with the low price!! 
Find it at your local drugstore or on Amazon:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel like those are enough products at the moment, but I can totally see myself forgetting something right now and then regretting not putting it here. If I missed something, I will surely post it and let you all know!


Oh and I am still on the lookout for a great face primer (without silicone because I'm sensitive to it) and good sunscreen. I've tried so many different sunscreens this past year from high end to low end, but I've noticed that most of them break me out. T.T
If any of you have recommendations, please let me know!! It would be much appreciated!
xoxo


Good luck everyone for this upcoming year!
Happy New Year once again!


Love, Mindy

8 comments:

  1. great post! i'm still a mac virgin and i really want to try some laneige products! the models on the promotional posters are always so pretty. and the maybelline dream matte powder really is good for setting foundation, i have it too! i hope you had a happy new year ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Ha..I've only used the Garnier product on your list. I'm too broke for MAC XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh I LOVE Lash Stiletto, too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @gyc
    Thank you for commenting! I hope you have a Happy New Year as well! :)

    @l-article
    Thanks, love for commenting again! Yeah, MAC can get too expensive, but sometimes when we can splurge, it's fun to try some new products! That's what I like to think of it.

    @GABY
    yayy for Lash Stiletto love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first time to your blog, happy new year! :) i've been looking for a good primer but havn't been able to find one i like... i may just have to try the urban decay one you listed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Little Dust Princess
    Thanks for letting me know! :)

    @Kym
    Happy New Year to you too! Yes... definitely try the Urban Decay eye primer! It's worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad some of your fave products are drugstore stuff! Some people only use really expensive stuff because they assume more money spent = a better product. I use a lot of great drugstore stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Nonners
    If there were no drugstore products, I would not know what to do with myself! LOL. I feel like drugstore products have improved tremendously over the last few years.

    ReplyDelete