Saturday, January 8, 2011

New HG Face Primer? Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer

As many of my older blog readers and friends may know, I've been on the longest search of a face primer that will NOT break me out. I've tried several from MAC to other brands (high and low end) and most of them break me out. The only one that seemed to not irritate my sensitive skin was my Laneige Sebum Control Primer.
I've come to the conclusion that my skin is sensitive to silicone, which was in basically 98% of the primers I tried.
A few days ago, I stopped by Sephora and checked all the ingredients of the other primers I never tried. I was interested in the Laura Mercier Oil-free primer, but of course, silica was an ingredient in it.
The sales assistant suggested that I try the Hourglass Cosmetics Oil-free and all natural primer, but I honestly wasn't going to spend $52 on just a primer.

Many people find no use for a primer and I definitely have been one of those people before. However, recently with my breakout attacks on my face, I've decided to change up my face routine and include a primer that will mattify, control the oil on my face, and make my complexion look better.

Today, I went to Sephora again and purchased the Tarte Clean Slate Face Primer, which the sales assistant said that it is great for sensitive skin, has no silicone, and is made with all natural ingredients. I decided to make a small plunge and purchased it and I have high hopes for this primer.

Initially, I decided to just test it out on my hand and take pictures.  I will have a much more in-depth review once I've tested it out for at least a week.



The packaging looks nice and sleek.




I applied some moisturizer on half of my hand to pretend like it was my "oily" face. LOL. Hope that makes sense? xD
Ewww my hand looks dry. Sorry! >.<

I blended the primer all over my hand. It's nice and easy to blend.
Has no strange residue and feels matte.
There's no scent as well.

Could be a win!
I will keep you all updated in a more in-depth review. Hopefully, it's worth the money.


7 comments:

  1. No scent? How awesome! I hope you like it :) Looking forward to your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought this was a silicone based primer. dimethicone is a type of silicone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @cece OMG really?? T.T I should have done more research and not relied on my Sephora sales assistant. She was really insisting that I get this since she said there was no silicone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to burst your bubble like that :(
    you never know, maybe it will work out! there is another primer from tarte however that is silicone free. the "ReCreate silicone-free primer" Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should add that you may want to check the ingredients just in case lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have sensitive skin too...looks forward to seeing how this works for you.

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @cece
    Yeah. Now I'm going to be obsessed with looking at ingredients. LOL

    @oomph
    It didn't work for me. T.T More info to come later...

    ReplyDelete