Friday, May 14, 2010

Currently Watching: Cinderella's Sister 신데렐라 언니 (Korean Drama) Episode 14

Since most of you are okay with me adding these random posts about Korean dramas, here I am with an update on the current hit drama: Cinderella's Sister (신데렐라 언니).
Yesterday, episode 14 aired and this drama seems to get more intense as each episode goes by.  With 6 more episodes to go, I keep sitting on the edge of my seat wanting to know what will happen.
The two main characters/lovers are Eun Jo (starring Moon Geun Young) and Ki Hoon (starring Chun Jung Myun).  I really like Moon Geun Young's makeup in this drama. (LOL. I wanted to somehow bring something beauty-related into this post).  She has a really nice way of pulling off a natural look with the use of simple eyeliner and neutral colors.
This isn't exactly the best picture of her, but I think she is such a natural beauty. Definitely one of my favorite Korean actresses!

So on with the story.... (warning: may be a spoiler)
I try not to spoil anything because I hate reading spoilers before I watch anything.  It ruins the fun! ^o^
As you may remember, I posted an entry a few weeks ago about how I started this drama. This drama is a Cinderella story with a twist since it focuses on the step-sister and her misery, rather than the "Cinderella" character.  Eun Jo is the step-sister and she feels mistreated by her own mother who is the "evil step-mother" in this story.  Her real mom seems to be treating her step-daughter nicer than her real daughter.  Eun Jo's step-sister is Hyo Sun who has been spoiled her entire life and is the "Cinderella" figure in the story.
However, as more episodes have unraveled in this drama, we see a change in story once again as Hyo Sun is slowly becoming the "Cinderella" character now.
I'm not going to spoil anymore of the story, just in case you may want to watch yourself, but Hyo Sun's step-mother has lately been showing her true and evil side.
To make things more complicated, both Hyo Sun and Eun Jo are in love with the same guy: Ki Hoon.
Ki Hoon and Eun Jo have a special relationship since 8 years before and their love for each other is difficult on Eun Jo who feels as if she needs to repay Hyo Sun for all her own mother's wrongdoings.
In episode 14, there was a really touching scene where Eun Jo and Ki Hoon had a private talk in the evening.
Their love for each other is so complicated and as always, Eun Jo seems to reject Ki Hoon's feelings against her true will.
It breaks my heart to see Ki Hoon so unhappy! Ki Hoon, please don't cry! I will give you a hug! ^o^

Like most Korean dramas, it always seems to be that there is a male character who's super nice and is always there and supporting the female lead character.  In this case, it's Jung Woo (starring Taecyeon 택연 from the group 2PM).
He's loved Eun Jo ever since he was really little.
I'm so torn in deciding which man Eun Jo should choose.  All I can say is, she is one lucky girl. :)

Hope you all didn't mind the somewhat of a picture heavy post.  I think I got a little carried away. ^o^
and I hope I didn't spoil too much for you. As I said before, I totally recommend this drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment