Friday, May 14, 2010

Neutrogena Healty Skin Foundation or Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (on my wishlist)

Since my previous post was not exactly "beauty-related," I decided to blog about something that I've been really wanting to buy.
Being the liquid foundation lover I am, I've been craving to try the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation that's been definitely garnering lots of attention within makeup lovers.

Having dry/normal skin, I'm always looking for foundations that will moisturize and not bring out any of the dry patches on my face.  However, the one thing that's been keeping me from buying this foundation is the price at $42! I don't know... spending $42 on a foundation is definitely not something that's on my mind now considering that I have more than 4 foundations that I just have lying in my makeup storage, which include high-end and drugstore.

However, I was surprised to hear that there is a drugstore foundation that can said to be a dupe of the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation.  It is the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation:
I haven't found a single review that said the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation is not a dupe of the Nars Sheer Glow.
I've tried a different Neutrogena foundation before, which was the Neutrogena Clear Skin Foundation.  To be honest, I wasn't very impressed with the Clear Skin Foundation since it felt too heavy and was a little difficult to blend.  Also, it didn't do anything to help control break-outs.  On the other hand, people have been raving about the Healthy Skin Foundation saying that they really haven't experienced any break-outs from this foundation.
My sister recently just got a hold of the Neutrogena foundation and being the curious girl that I am, I secretly tried a little on my face just to test it out. (Shhh don't tell her. ^o^ I think she's going to read this anyways though. o_O ) My sister is many shades darker than I am and of course her shade of the foundation was way too dark for me.
I'm going to buy my own really soon (hoping tomorrow actually) and give an in-depth review, but I must say, it was love at first sight.  The coverage was amazing and it felt silky smooth on the skin.  It was so easy to blend and I was beyond impressed.  Of course, this is just my initial experience with the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation, and things can change, but I think I will be very pleased with my purchase.
and who knows? I may end up buying the Nars Sheer Glow to compare to satisfy my curiosity! =D

6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try both of those too!! Yay for base makeup! :] I'll wait for your review~

    ReplyDelete
  2. @fuzkittie Ah! Fuz! Thank you for stopping by my blog. ^o^ I really want to try the Lioele base makeup you've been raving about. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i bought that awhile ago & there ws nothing i liked about it. due to my dry/oil combination skin..... it gave me patches of dry skin... yano??

    so i eventually threw it out. dont take my word completely bcz it may work perfect for u :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sana Choi I have dry skin, but sometimes it's dry/oily combination skin. I didn't really feel that I got dry patches, but I guess this foundation doesn't work for everyone. LOL. Thanks for sharing! :) It's good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i guess ive just got reli weird skin =\ LOL

    but Laneige works for me !! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sana Choi LOL! I love Laneige! I think Laneige is my HG foundation. ^o^

    ReplyDelete