Wednesday, May 12, 2010

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base Review (New Favorite Primer)

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while. o_O Sorry! Lots of things have been going on for me and some of you may know that I recently moved. It's been crazy settling in and stuff but it's nice to be with the family for just a little bit before I move to a new place.
Anyways, I recently bought this new face primer: the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
The reason why I bought this was because I saw some gurus raving about it and knowing me, I get easily enabled by good reviews! ^o^
I'm going to just shout it out there in the beginning... this is an amazing face primer! I've been really into face primers lately. I've been trying to find the "perfect" primer/base that will help minimize pores and make foundation application better. I think I have found a pretty good product that may replace all my other favorite primers by MAC, Laneige, etc.

I bought my L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base at CVS and it cost about $12.99.  The price ranges are a little different from place to place as Target sells this primer for $10.99 and so on.  I think the price is a little on the high side considering it is a drugstore primer and there isn't much product in the little jar with 0.5 FL OZ (15 ml). The good thing is that a little goes a long way with the product since you really don't need to use much product to prime the entire face.

The company claims that this base will help you... (written in the description of product on the box)
Get the perfect skin texture, instantly and all day.
  • Smoothes lines
  • Hides pores
  • Banishes imperfections
The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin, leaving it velvety-smooth to the touch.
The result - a unifies matte finish that's flawless.
  • Suitable for all skin types
  • Non-Comedogenic
 I don't usually discriminate drugstore product in any way, but at first I was a little skeptical. It seemed that this face primer claimed to do a lot of things that not even high-end products can do.  Nonetheless, I bought the primer with hopes that I would see at least a few good results.

When I first opened the package and tested the product, I was pleasantly surprised by how soft the product felt. The consistency almost reminds me of mousse. It's very soft like that.

 The color is a light pink color and there is no shimmer in the product since it's supposed to help mattify.  As you can see, I haven't really used much of the product because there's no need.  It's very easy to blend onto the face.
The application directions say to "smooth on in a gentle circular motion over the whole face or targeted areas.  Wear alone or apply under makeup to help makeup go on smoother."  I really recommend that you apply in gentle circular motions because if you rub it on the face too hard, the product can bead up and become harder to blend since it feels like the skin is feeling off.
I usually apply primer more on my t-zone areas covering my forehead, nose, and under the chin.  Since this product claimed to minimize appearance of pores, I also put some over the pours around my nose and a little on my cheek areas.

I was pleasantly surprised by how truly it felt like velvet on my skin and after applying, my skin felt smooth like butter! I couldn't help but keep stroking my cheeks because it felt so soft. Also, with the issue of pores, I was also shocked by how my pores appeared smaller and some were even covered up.  My skin felt flawless after I used this product and I honestly didn't feel like putting any foundation over it.
The product is not too thick so the skin feels like it's breathing and it really seems to smoothe out imperfections.  I know I'm only saying positive things about this product, but I don't have many cons to say about this product.  It really seems to match up to it's daunting claims.

It hasn't broken me out yet, which is very good.  I have dry/normal skin and my skin is pretty sensitive.
The one complaint is the pasty smell the primer has.  The primer has a smell similar to Elmer's paper glue.
Other than that, I don't have too many complaints.  I wish that more product came with the little jar, but at least a little goes a long way with this primer.

Overall, I really recommend this primer and I am impressed by L'Oreal once again! I will definitely be re-purchasing this when I run out.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any companies mentioned in this blog post.  I am not being paid to make this review.  I purchased all the products shown and mentioned. Like all my reviews, this is an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment