Friday, May 21, 2010

May Drugstore Haul & Update

Hello lovelies! <3

I've been so bad about updating my blog. T.T I'm soooo sorry!
However, I've decided to go back to filming again. I tried filming a tutorial today, but it didn't work out. I think I'm a little rusty again from my long break from youtube.

Here's a picture of the drugstore haul from my video:
To be honest though, I had a few more products that I wanted to include in my May drugstore haul video, but I didn't want to go over the 10 minute limit that I have. (oh and this was a collective haul. I didn't purchase everything from one trip.) Most of the products are skincare products.



Products included in my drugstore haul:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation
I will be doing a more in-depth review of this foundation in another blog post or video, so stay tuned for that!

Here's the foundation when opened. As you can see, there is no pump. :( 

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

This powder is awesome, awesome, awesome! =)
I got this powder because of the many good ratings given by other gurus on YouTube. Knowing me, I had to go out and buy one myself so that I can try it. I am very impressed with this powder. It's silky smooth and doesn't make my face appear cakey at all!
The packaging is really interesting. The mirror swivels out from the bottom and has a sponge.
The top opens up to the powder. Pretty cool, right? ^o^

Loreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick (contains tea tree oil)
I've been really curious about tea tree oil and to fulfill my curiosity, I'm putting it to a test. At the drugstore, they were selling tea tree oil, but I decided to get this product instead since some gurus swear by this product for battling break outs and acne. The Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick contains all natural ingredients and not only does it contain tea tree oil, it contains willowbark extract, which is basically salycyllic acid.
Here are the ingredients inside this blemish stick.

So, I will be putting this product to the test and see if it work for me. One thing about tea tree oil is that it doesn't work for everyone. I will keep you all posted about this product and if it's successful, I will gladly give a few away. Keep on the lookout for future updates!
Oh and another thing... this product smells unpleasant in my taste. It smells like a mixture of herbs and black licorice. I'm not the biggest fan of licorice. The product also stings when it's applied.
The applicator is the rolling type. Not too sure about how sanitary it is, but I guess it's fine if you only use it on yourself.

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Liquid Daily Sunblock with SPF 55
This is much needed for the upcoming summer. I don't tan. I burn almost immediately because I'm so pale. I'm always on the lookout for great sunblock, but I hate applying the kind that's thick and leaves a white cast on the skin. It's so unflattering and makes me look ghostly white.
What I love about this sunscreen is that it is meant to be worn invisibly under makeup. The consistency is liquid and blends sheer into the skin.
This sunblock has become my HG product for summer. What's nice is that this can be applied all over the body as well.. not just for the face!

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me and those who are following me on twitter and my blog.
Your support is much appreciated! <3

oh and here are some random photos that I took while filming this video. ^o^
I think I was having too much fun with my new nerdy glasses!


Love,
Mindy

10 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back on youtube! I love your videos. Nice drugstore haul. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melody Thank you for being so sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fuzkittie Fuz!!! <3 Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh~ I almost bought the Maybelline dream matte powder! I bought the matte mousse instead haha. I'm really enjoying it too~! Now I really want the powder...aaaaahhh...xD I'll probably grab some before I leave for my Cali trip.

    And that neutrogena sunblock is my favorite!

    Lovely haul post! And yay for your youtube comeback! Thanks for following also ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @l-article You should definitely try the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder! I keep getting wowed by it every time I use it! :) Let me know what you think when you get it. and thank you again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. great haul! I love that maybeline matte powder! It works great, i've hit pan on 2 of them already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @DSK Thank you Steph!! <3 I'm loving the powder even more every time I use it! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love drugstore reviews! i'm looking forward to your burt's bee herbal blemish stick review! i've tried pure tea tree oil and hated the smell lol :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Jenny I'll be updating on the Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick soon. I have a few things to say about it. and the smell is still so gross for me. haha. xD

    ReplyDelete