Wednesday, May 5, 2010

SNSD 'Run Devil Run' Taeyeon Inspired Makeup Picture Tutorial (소녀시대 태연 메이크업)

I've gotten so many requests to do this tutorial and I'm really sorry that it's taken so long and it's in picture tutorial format.  As many of you may know, I've been packing to move this weekend and basically my place is not "filmable" at the moment. xD
This picture tutorial is of Taeyeon's look from the music video "Run Devil Run."  If you don't know SNSD or Girls Generation, they are a popular girl group in Korea now and their latest music video was a hit! Definitely check out their music video which is all over youtube.
I really liked the makeup that they wore and I thought Taeyeon's makeup stood out the most.
I hope this picture tutorial is helpful for you because this is my first time making one.
Of course since this is an "inspired" look, it won't be exactly the same makeup that Taeyeon wore.  I don't even have the same eye shape as her and I don't look like her at all.  I made this so that it would fit my eyes (I have monolid eyes), but I think anyone can adjust and create this look to fit their eyes.  You can even tone down the look so that it's wearable for any occasion. :)

The tools I used were:
 1. Bobbi Brown Ultra Eye Liner Brush
2. E.L.F. Eye Shadow Brush
3. Sigma SS224 Brush
4. E.L.F. Small Smudge Brush
5. Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes Liner 0L
6. Q-tip
7. Glossyblossom Nail Jewel
8. Revlon Creme Shadow Illuminence in Precious Metals
9. MAC Beauty Powder in Blush of Youth
10. Maybelline Eye Shadow Trio (forgot the name)
11. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Elegant
12. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow in Celebrity
13. Stila Smudge Pot in Black
14. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude
Not Pictured Above: CoverGirl Lashblast Volume Mascara and Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream

I've toned and moisturized my face.
 Next, to get the flawless face, I will use none other than my favorite BB cream at the moment, Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream.  It also has nice whitening features that make your face glow.

As you can see, I have monolids, meaning I have no crease.

Taking the gold colored cream eye shadow as a base, apply over the lid up to where I indicated in the next picture.

This will work as a nice sticky base for the loose eye shadows or any eye shadows.  Also, it will help give a slight shimmery affect to the eye shadows.

For eye shadows, I won't go too dark because Taeyeon's look is all about the eye liner, not the eye shadow color.  The first color I'll be using is a shimmery light peach color called 'Elegant.'  If you would like to see a swatch of the color, please look at my previous blog post.  You can substitute a white shimmery color if you would like.
Using the shimmery light shadow and an eye shadow brush, pack the color in the inner corner to about halfway in, which is indicated in the picture above by the red lines.
It should look something like this so far.  It's very subtle but gives a slight shimmery effect.  
okay I have no idea why I switched to the other eye for the rest of the tutorial.


 For the next color eye shadow, I am using the color 'Celebrity' which is a light shimmery brown color.  Apply this color on the outer half of the eyelid.  I'm sorry it may be a little confusing since I accidentally switched to the other eye in the middle of the tutorial.
I like how there's a gradient effect to it so it goes from light to dark from the inner corner to the outer.
Using a blending brush, blend the top edge of the shadows so that there are no harsh lines.

Now using a waterproof eye liner, line the upper waterline.  This will help the eye liner stand out more and will give it a more bold and full look.  This is key since Taeyeon's look is all about the eye liner.

 Then using any eye liner of your choice, line the upper lash line.  I'm using my gel liner because I feel like it comes out darker and fuller.
Don't wing out the eye liner yet.
The eyes should look like this so far.  Also, it's okay if the eyes aren't lined perfectly yet since we'll be going over the liner with black eye shadow.

Now for the fun part to get Taeyeon's double wing look!  Indicated by the red arrow, take your eye liner and extend the upper lash line.  The line should get thinner as it gets extended away from the eye.


Now line the lower lash line.  You can also line your waterline, but for some odd reason, I chose not to. ^o^

Then take your gel liner or eye liner and extend the lower lashline so that it's parallel to the upper lashline, which is indicated by the red arrow.
The line on the bottom should be slightly shorter than the one on the top and make sure the line gets thinner as it goes away from the eyes.

Taking a black eye shadow (it could be shimmery or matte), soften the liner by going over it and smudging the liner a little bit at a time.
There will most likely be some eye shadow fallout, but that's okay. We'll clean it up later.
Also, it's okay if it's not perfect. We'll fix that up as well.
This is optional, but Taeyeon lined her inner tear duct area with liner, which is shown by the arrow.  I personally don't like to do that so I made a little tiny line. ^o^

Apply your mascara after curling your lashes.  You may use false lashes if you would like, but I chose not to for this tutorial. Make sure to get both the upper and bottom lashes.  Then, use a Q-tip to clean off any eye shadow fallout and to clean the edges of the liner a little more.

This look is not complete without adding rhinestone jewels to each eye, which is the highlight of Taeyeon's look.  I chose to use nail jewels because they were small enough to work with the eye and they are self-adhesive.
Put the pretty jewel in between the outer lines. You can use tweezers to help.


 So there you have it! :) I definitely don't pull off this look as well as Taeyeon, but it's a fun and bold look. :)  I've been liking the double-wing liner look lately and it's been extremely popular.  I applied a nude lipstick because the main focus should be on the eyes and not the lips.  Also, I applied a sheer pink beauty powder on the cheeks just to give my cheeks a subtle glow.  You can't even really see that it's there in camera.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I will surely be making more video tutorials after I move!! Let me know if you have any questions or any requests.  Also, I would love to get your feedback about this picture tutorial.  Do you guys find picture tutorials helpful?

Also, if you haven't done so, please subscribe to my youtube channel if you would like! :)
http://www.youtube.com/iAMminky3

xoxo,
minky

7 comments:

  1. Nice tutorial!! I think I've seen your other tut inspired by Kara maaaybeeee...
    anywho! I love the double wing look~ I think your tutorial has inspired me to try it out sometime. :D

    And you're welcome to the comments! I try my best to keep up with all these blogs I follow haha I used to be soooo lazy with blogs. Now I'm back on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! and yes... the KARA tutorial was made by me. :) I hope you found this followable. ^o^ Picture tutorials are a little hard to describe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I am sorry to bother you but I hope you can take a look at my new make up blog. If you have any comments or questions on it, please let me know. Thank you very much ! <3

    http://fuerteflores.blogspot.com/



    and by the way I love your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daphne Cool! Yeah! I'll stop by your blog. Thanks for taking your time to look through my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :p yeahh I love Taeyeon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tutorial :D Inspired looks are always fun :) I like how you are so good w/the eyeliner!!

    I am a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Rainy Days and Lattes Thank you for your kind comment! It totally made my day. :) Thank you for being a new follower.

    ReplyDelete